Henry Seth began his ballet training at the age of 10 with the School of the Hartford Ballet. This opportunity arose out of a City of Hartford outreach program that helped young people with the expense associated with proper dance attire, lessons, and transportation to the studio. With great discipline, concerted effort, and lots of passion, he quickly developed into an outstanding dancer.
In the fall of 1994, he accepted a full scholarship to the School of American Ballet, the official school of the New York City Ballet. Following his pre-professional training at SAB, Henry became an apprentice with NYCB in the spring of 1995 and was invited to join the Company as a member of the corps de ballet in summer 1996. Throughout his full career with NYCB he was fortunate to collaborate with many of the most talented and pioneering choreographers and dance artists in the world. While with NYCB he also shared his considerable talents in the Company’s Outreach & Education Department.
- The School of The Hartford Ballet, under the mentoring of Truman Finney (7 years)
- The Hartford Ballet Company with Michael Uthoff as Director
- The School Of American Ballet with Stanley Williams, Adam Luders, Andrei Kramarevsky, Richard Rapp, Suzy Pillar, and Suki Schorer as teachers
- Apprenticeship with the New York City Ballet / Toured with American Ballet Theater – Romeo & Juliet
- 16 years corps de ballet with the New York City Ballet
- Feature Roles in Jazz (Six Syncopated Movements) choreographed by Peter Martins, Midsummer Nights Dream (Theseus & Bottom), Blossom Got Kissed (choreographed by Susan Stroman), “Circle of Fifths” (choreographed by Christopher d’Amboise), Goldberg Variation (choreographed by Jerome Robbins), American In Paris (choreographed by Christopher Wheeldon), West Side Story (choreographed by Jerome Robbins) Chichester Psalms (choreographed by Peter Martins), Organon (choreographed by Elliot Feld), Duke! (choreographed by Robert La Fosse, Garth Fagan, Susan Stroman)
Stravinsky Violin Concerto, Theme and Variations, Western Symphony, Swan Lake, Sleeping Beauty, Symphony in Three Movements, Symphony In C, Serenade, LA Sonnambula, Le Tombeau de Couperin, Stars and Stripes, Glass Pieces, The Four Seasons, West Side Story, Watermill, Ives, Songs, Fanfare, Jewels, Union Jack, Prodigal Son, Vienna Waltzes, Midsummer Nights Dream, Brahms- Schoenberg Quartet, Chaconne, Cortege Hongrois, Coppelia, Firebird, The Nut Cracker, Harlequinade, Kammermusik No. 2, La Valse, Monumentum Pro Gesualdo, Orpheus, Scotch Symphony, Who Cares?, Ballet Imperial (Piano Concerto No.2), Ivesiana